There are Gold Nuggets everywhere, I will find them and post them.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

"Sorry, I didn't recognize my son"


Aight, what the fuck!!! I don't know how to insert this so I'll do it this way.
Have you guys read or heard this story about this so called guy "Piano Man?" Read the story, if not here is a quick breakdown. Guy appears wet on a beach in England, doesn't remember shit, doesn't talk to the doctors or anyone, but happens to play a mean piano. Here is the part that worries me.

The father of this guy, in an interview, said that "he would not have recognized him in any case because he had known him at home clean shaven and wearing glasses." Maybe I don't know the whole story between the father and this piano man, maybe PM left home when he was young, or maybe his father is too old to know any better. But, who in the fuck says that he didn't recognize his son because he used to wear glasses and was clean shaven. It's his fuckin son, why in the hell would he not recognize him. I know he said that he didn't read the newspapers and didn't watch the news. He also said that even if he did he wouldn't have recognized him anyway.

I don't know about you but I would know what my son looked like. Shit, people I haven't seen since grade school recognize me and I'm 5 times the size I used to be. If there is someone out there that knows more about this please enlighten me. I just don't get this at all. It's not like his son went incognegro and shaved his head, wore a fake nose, changed his complexion. And by the way did you see his beard/mustache whatever he had? It was like morning shadow. It's not as he he looked like grizzly Adams or one of the guys from ZZ Top. It was an inch long at best.

And, What kind of glasses did he wear at home that made him look so different. Did he wear those huge sunglasses Nicole Richie wears or the ones Lindsey Lohan wears where the sunglasses basically cover their whole face? Or did he look like the guy pictured here.

I'm trying to make sense of this story. I didn't hear anything about reporting his son missing. Maybe they had an estranged relationship and didn't talk since he left home. Again I'm trying to make sense of this but so far I can't.

Maybe I'm being a bit to harsh on the dad, but hey that's what he gets for making those comments.

1 Comments:

Blogger * said...

That sounds odd to me. I was actually thinking that the son must not have any immediate family b/c wouldn't they have come forward by now? So it surprises me that his dad would say this. Even if you don't regularly watch the news or read papers, wouldn't you if your son was missing?

I was at Logan airport and recognized a childhood friend very distinctly even though it was out of context and I hadn't seen her since college. I would hope that therefore I would recognize my own son!

Side note: I never understood why this guy was called piano man when he plays like one note on the piano, but that's another note.

2:49 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home