There are Gold Nuggets everywhere, I will find them and post them.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

TV commercials



This post might be a bit weird but hey that's what this is for.
Have you seen that Pepsi commercial with the guy on the maze, he finds the pizza and then finds the Pepsi? At the end they show the guy in the maze and mice in lab coats.

I don't know why but I find this commercial so fuckin disturbing. I really can't tell you why, maybe it's the idea of someone else putting me in a maze and controlling my life. Maybe it's that deep inside I have a real fear of mice, or that I find the Lab coats on the mice extremely disturbing.

Let me explain a bit. By disturbing I don't mean scared or really frightened. I just get this weird feeling, almost like heartburn or butterflies in my stomach.

I mentioned this to my wife and of course she laughed at me. She said "seriously, I realize how much I don't know about you when you pull this stuff." Thanks for being supportive. I laugh at myself at this reaction. It's just a weird thing, but the more I see the commercial the more disturbed I get. Does anyone out there feel the same way about this? Is it just me (which it most likely is)?

It also seems that in my posts I'm diverting to asking questions as opposed to posting Gold nuggets. Lets not forget that within my stories there lies gold nuggets. hahahaha. Ever since I started blogging it seems that I'm getting weirder and weirder. Thanks Homer. Also, thanks Rican for making me more blog literate (you are also responsible for me getting weird).

8 Comments:

Blogger Gold Nugget said...

PRA
that's a good one but are there any comercials you find disturbing that have animals on it?

8:55 AM

 
Blogger chardrian said...

It's just you.

11:16 AM

 
Blogger Gold Nugget said...

PRA - that is a funny comercial, but i dont think i ever saw the last part where the chicken hugs the pepsi

Adrian - thanks budy

1:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your posts are getting stranger than CJ flyin through red rings

- Yoni

3:49 PM

 
Blogger * said...

I don't think I've seen this commercial. PRA - are you making that up?!

I do vaguely remember that disturbing Quizno's commercial with the little furry puppets that are supposed to be hamsters or something and look like they've been squished flat with both their eyes on one side of their body singing something like "we love the quiznos" or something indistinguishable in high pitched squeaks.

4:11 AM

 
Blogger * said...

After reading your blog and then someone else's (forget who), the weird thing about animals and commercials made me think about that weird CSI episode with "Furries". People who dress up in animal costumes and do it with each other. Weird.

4:21 AM

 
Blogger gbfhbn said...

Thanks for stopping by my page... Yes I remember the commerical... I also know the one PRA is talking about.. these commercials are getting crazier by the day...

qt

6:19 AM

 
Blogger Rand said...

Maybe it's disturbing because subconsciously you feel like your life has turned into a maze and you're afraid that at the end of it,after you've run the course of your life and worked to the end of your days, you'll get your deeply earned reward; A can of sugary soda water.

12:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home