There are Gold Nuggets everywhere, I will find them and post them.

Monday, September 19, 2005

Fatherhood

This post may be a bit cheezy but for some reason I feel like writing about it.

I was home this weekend and my wife gave me one of the best compliments I've heard in a while.

We were sitting together in the couch looking at TV and there was this furniture commercial on TV, and at the same time we were looking through the new Pottery Barn catalog.

She looked at me and said "You're such a father." What does this mean and what prompted this comment? Let me tell you.

When we were looking at the TV there was this commercial from Ashley Furniture and there was a really nice sectional with end tables. My wife says "that would look good here." My response was "Nah, we can't get that because the corners look too sharp on the end tables and the girls could get hurt."

Then while we were looking through the catalog my wife points out to this shelving unit and says "how cool would it be to have that in the kitchen." My response was "Nah, we can't get that, the girls would climb that and then all that stuff will fall on top of them."

To complete the trifecta we looked at the TV again and saw a commercial for some dolls. My wife says "I think the girls would like that, they're getting to the point to play with that stuff." My response "Nah, we can't get that. Did you see the size of those accessories? They could choke on that stuff, that looks unsafe to be advertised for kids from 2-8"

That's when my wife looked at me and said "You're such a dad." I don't think my wife meant it as a compliment but for some reason it felt like a compliment. It's funny how fatherhood changes you and it takes things like these to make you stop and see how much you've really changed.

1 Comments:

Blogger * said...

You'd know better than us whether she meant it as a compliment, but I've said similar things to hubby. I love it when he's a softie for the Boy.

4:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home