There are Gold Nuggets everywhere, I will find them and post them.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

How far is too far.

Aight. As I mentioned in the past I just started bloggin about two months ago. Prior to this I would make fun of Homer and freakinrican about it. I would call them nerds, PCG's (popcorn geeks, that is a geeky term on its own) and anything else I could think of.

I was then convinced by Homer that I should start one just for the hell of it. After much debating and peer pressure, I decided to enter the world of blogging.

I gotta tell you, it became addicting right off the bat. I really got into it after I had some people comment on my posts. Holy shit!! Others like what I have to say. A friend of mine once said "you gotta be full of yourself if you think others want to hear stories about a complete stranger and like them." My response to him was "don't hate nigga, cuz I know you gotta blog too and no one comments on yours." That is one of the meanest things you can say to a fellow blogger. Comments make this really worth it.

I often pressure others to comment, and I'll leave comments on other's blog just so they can comment on mine, or I'll even do something as desperate as tell them "good story, check my blog out and don't forget to comment." If that's not reaching out for help I don't know what is.

Anyway, where do you draw the line about blogging. The following story is, I think, where I would draw the line. Homer and freakinrican were at a party this past weekend. They drank, talked, flirted and laughed. All normal so far. They also went into a conversation about blogging. That did it for me. If I'm at a party I don't think I would talk about blogging. I would try to avoid it. It's one thing to say
me "did you see my new post"
other person "no"
me "check it out, you'll like it"
other person "ok"

and leave it at that, but to engage in a long conversation about it seems excessive.
The goldnugget is: learn where to draw the line. Homer and freakinrican are cool people, and something like this could damage their image. If you're in a room full of computer nerds then the conversation may be warranted. But if there's tons of hot chick around and the possibility of some play, refuse to drag yourself down that road.

I'm married and so is the rican, so I guess for us trying to get some play is out of the question, but I tell you this, I will not bring myself to where I'm so obsessed with this, that I would bring it to a party.

Many will tell me I'm wrong. That's cool and if your right is there a way to stop this madness called blogging? This is coming from the guy who repeatedly wants comments, comments and spends an hour each day hitting the button that says "next blog," in hopes to find some one like the nugget.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you are referring to the party I am thinking about, blogging was referenced because that was the first time a blog celebrity like rican was introduced to us. Essentially we were intrigued by the man behind the blog

8:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you are referring to the party I am thinking about, blogging was referenced because that was the first time a blog celebrity like rican was introduced to us. Essentially we were intrigued by the man behind the blog

8:28 PM

 
Blogger Gold Nugget said...

Anonymous reveal yourself

8:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home