There are Gold Nuggets everywhere, I will find them and post them.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

I passed on some bad genes

Well, it was bound to happen. 10-26-05 marks the first time I take one of my daughters to the emergency room. My baby fell playing with her sister, landed awkwardly and unbeknownst to us, dislocated her elbow.

She started crying and when she wouldn't calm down I knew something was definitely wrong. She is one of the twins and she's always the one that gets hurt somehow. She has hit her head on a desk while running, scrapped her knees numerous times, and has she, more often than not, seems to be the one that instigates trouble.

My wife and parents will tell you that this is definitely from my pool of genes that I remorsefully passed on to her.

When I was 3 I had a chair fall on my head and cracked my head open and needed stitches. When I was 5 I was walkin on a brink fence that was about 10-15 feet high, I fell down and busted my ankle. When I was 6 or 7 I broke all the little bones on my wrist and and little chip of a bone punctured my skin. The list of other injuries goes on and on. I cracked my tailbone, almost torn my ACL, I dislocated my shoulder and chipped a bone in my other ankle.

It was so bad that all the doctors knew me and certainly all the nurses did too. I often talk about it with my parents and of course we laugh at it now and until this point I never thought as to how the felt everytime I hurt my self.

As I was holding my baby, and she was crying from pain, nothing hurt this much before, not even when I got dumped by my first "girlfriend" in 6th grade. This hurt like you guys wouldn't believe. Freakinrican, you will soon experience all these things.

My baby couldn't move her arm and everytime the doctor would move it she would start wailing. I know the doctor was helping her but at that time I wanted to bitch slap the doctor and call her incompetent for not making it better instantly.

I was holding my baby as tight as I could and I could feel her tears on my cheeks. All of a sudden, my wife says "I heard a pop." As soon as she said that my baby was smiling moving her arm and holding the stickers the doctor gave her.

Why oh why did I have to pass on this gene. I know there will be more times were I will find myself in the emergency room at midnight. I just hope that all the problems can be fixed as quickly as this one did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home