There are Gold Nuggets everywhere, I will find them and post them.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Part Deuce - Keeping it Reeeeeal

Homer reminded me of a funny story that happened my first year of Law School. I lived in a rougher part in Madison, mainly Hispanics and blacks. A good friend of mine lived in the next building, he was white and we'll call him Big Mike (because he was big and his name is Mike).

Any way, one day we're heading home in Madison's best public transportation, the bus. It's late and it's me and Big Mike in the back and 2 or 3 black dudes towards the front (isn't is supposed to be the other way around?). We're talkin about school and then some how we get talkin about stand up comedy and Dave Chappelle and Chris Rock.

We're talking about the shows and we start quoting parts from Chris Rock's Bigger and Blacker. I say a few and then Big Mike decides to say, trying to imitate Chris Rock's voice and slang "Just trying to keep it Reeeeeeeal." Big Mike, in his excitement and feeble attempt at imitation, doesn't realize how loud he says it. He said it loud enough for the bus driver to look from his rearview mirror. The 2 or 3 black guys there turn around to look at Big Mike, with a look that said "Look at this white guy, what the hell does he think he's doing and who is he talking too?"

I did what any good friend would do. I looked at the opposite direction of where Big Mike was sitting and acted as if I didn't know him. He then notices that those guys are looking at him. In order to cover his ass, he belts out a nervous laugh and says (loud and lookin to the front, not looking at the guys) "Oh God I love Chris Rock, he's so funny."

I just shake my head, laugh and give him a look that says "Oh white boy, what have you done."
We got out of the bus, he got a weird look from one of the guys again and we left. He then looks at me, and with that nervous laugh asks me "was I that loud?" I say "Big Mike, you were loud enough for Chris Rock himself to have heard you."

Shout out to Big Mike and all the white wanna be Chris Rocks'.

4 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

Haha, I have to say---I would have felt so embarrassed for Big Mike! This was a funny post! :)

3:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH HELL NO...Damn Nugget that back of the bus thing was bold as hell! Don't hate on the brothas because they were looking clean up in first class...TADOAW!!

6:55 PM

 
Blogger * said...

He should have left well enough alone. He just made it worse by saying how much he loves CR. They probably were trying to figure out what the heck he was talking about.

4:16 AM

 
Blogger Gold Nugget said...

Deb,
Good to have you here.

Brown suga,
You know how i roll, i was in the back of the bus representing.

CM,
Trust me, they were thinking "damn look at white boy back there."

PRA,
Like i said i was for that split second but then we were talkin the rest of the way. Just a funny thing.

5:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home